Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sleek MakeUP Del Mar i-Divine Palette- review, swatches

The Sleek Del Mar i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette is Sleek Makeup's most recent, limited edition release and couldn't be any better for Spring and Summer. I'm so pleased with being packed up with pretty pastels because in this warm weather, we all want to keep away deep, shimmery and bright colors eye shadows.  The Sleek MakeUp Limited Edition i-Divine Del Mar Volume 1 eyeshadow palette is inspired by Ibiza and it’s tranquil, calm and overall chilled out atmosphere with soft corals, sunset oranges, deep see blues and picturesque greens with a splash of pink and purple. The soft pastel shades are perfect for the spring/summer season.




In the mirror of my own experience 

Packaging

The Del Mar palette is packaged within a special themed packaging, which depicts an Ibizan Sunset complete with instruction on how to use the colors. Inside the box you get similar black palette, something we all love to get our hands upon! 







Shades



As always the new palette features 12 shades ranging from the very bright to the more pastel. Each of the 12 shades are said to be inspired by the tranquil, calm feel of Ibiza's chilled out atmosphere, with soft coral oranges of the sunset, deep aqua blues of the sea and sublime greens of the picturesque view. A quick view on the shades...



Lounge Lovers:

Lounge Lovers is a extremely beautiful gold shade which makes a gorgeous all over the lid shade.It's the only metallic shade in the palette, it can be a base shade to use with any of the other colours through the crease. It has superb pigmentation, and is soft and creamy in texture with no fallout. I really love this lovely gold.

Poolside
This shade is a matte, sky blue shade. The pigmentation is just amazing for a shade of this nature, especially when used with a base. The texture of creamy and soft. it's such a tropical blue, a very cool shade, perfect for summer. I can imagine how it look great with a pink, blue and white outfit. It does have quite a lot of fall out that you you can minimized by pressing the shade onto the lid and quick blending.

Sunset Strip
It's a matte orange shade which like Poolside, is impressively pigmented. It's a lovely orange shade and It would make a perfect transition shade on light to medium skintones as its not too bright nor is too light. The shade name is perfect, as it really is a sunset orange. Love the silky texture and I didn't notice any fallout with this shade.


Ambience:
 It's a dark, matte grape shade that will be lovely for a summer evening. The texture is soft like other shades, though the pigmentation isn't the best, but in my opinion I would love a light reflection of this shade on my eyes in this season however if you like deep shade, you can use a primer, with a primer underneath, it really helps to intensify the colour.  


Chilled Out:
 It's a plain white matte and it's not as pigmented as other matte shades.The texture is a bit chalky and it's difficult to apply. It's a bit disappointing that the colourful, matte shades apply so beautifully yet a plain white is barely visible. But still  I think Chilled Out is best for using as an inner corner highlight. It gives a lovely finish there. However it's the only tiny weak part of this amazing palette.



Blue Marlin:
This one is a dark, almost teal shade rather than blue.. it looks almost green then it does blue. The texture is creamy and the shade is extremely pigmented.  Also I found it very original and unique shade that I've not got any duplicates of in any of my many palettes.


Opening Party:
 This is one of the third most beautiful shade  from this palette. It's a gorgeous purple, with a sheen like finish rather than shimmer. I insanely love its almost duo-tone appearance on the eyes, where it pulls blue in the lights. The texture is such that I love to apply this shade with and without primer. With primer it looks just gorgeous but it gives a light sheen purple effect without primer that looks all the more beautiful especially in summer evening.


On The Rocks:
 On The Rocks is my second most favourite shade from this palette. They It's a  perfect beautiful coral, with the right balance of pink and orange. Like Opening the Party,On the Rocks has identical textures, and has the same, unique sheen-like finish.looks particularly pretty when used with Sunset Strip and Feel Euphoric. Just like Opening Party, On The Rocks has a lovely, smooth and creamy texture which applies and blends beautifully. 



Talamanca:
It's quite a sandy, pale a bit beige colour which barely shows up on my skin tone. I had to swatch this  pretty heavily   just to show it on camera. I love its creamy texture and pigmentation, it doesn't show due to its similarity to my skin tone.but I've found Talamanca to be the perfect shade to use alongside any of the coloured shades in the palette as a lid shade or a crease shade. I can use it on my brow bone too. 



Feel Euphoric:

 I have mentioned about my second and  third favorite shades from this palette but now I'm going to write about my most favorite shade.  Feel Euphoric is a soft, petal-like pink which is flattering enough without making my eyes look sore, which some pink shadows have the tendency to do. It has the same dreamy formula as the aforementioned Opening Party and On The Rocks in that it's creamy, smooth and pigmented. It has a shimmery finish and looks really pretty as a lid shade, when worn with the other two peachy coral shades. I would love to use it alone with a white outfit. It'll give a fabulous effect with a same color lipstick and blush. 



Balearic Beat:
  It's quite a bright, punchy yellowy green shade with a slighty matte-satin finish. The texture of this shade is amazingly creamy and applies beautifully , I really love this shade but am a bit confused about the combination with which it can be used. I imagine colour lovers will adore this shade as it's so unique and it performs well too.



Paradise
Paradise is the last shade in the palette and it's just gorgeous. It's amazingly pretty, pastel lilac with a matte finish and intense pigmentation. I was surprised  while swatching to see how amazingly pigmented it is, and also how creamy it was for a matte shade. I really love this shade and would love to use it over and over again during the summers, I guess paradise is the shade, which can be one of THE many reasons to buy this palette! 


Finally....

 

Finally I can say, this limited edition Sleek MakeUP Del Mar i-Divine Palette is a stunner. The range of shades within the palette is so diverse, & as they're all pastel, I feel that they're all the more easier to use and wear. There is only one letdown shade for me in the whole palette which is Chilled Out, which lacks the impressive pigmentation & texture of the other shades in this palette. I would highly recommend everyone to get hold of this palette as soon as possible, because this is certainly a must have for the summers!!

 

PRICE- 


$11.99/£7.99

AVAILABILITY- 


It can be purchased at www.sleekmakeup.com 


COB RATING-  

4.75/5

What do you think of the Del Mar Volume 1 palette from Sleek?
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig