Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

Lotus herbals Pure colors lipstick- review, swatches & LOTD

Once some one told me that peach and orange shades suit me well. I don't know why but peach has always been one of my favorite color. I have many orange and peach lipsticks, in fact peach is the color which always pulled my eyes among different colors and inspite of having many peach shade lipsticks I begin to think of buying one more...haha..I think it's a natural thought and many girls and ladies are like me so I'm not worried about this. I'm going to review Lotus Herbal Pure Color Lipstick- Carnation which is my favorite color lipstick. I have many lipsticks which are quite similar this shade but still you will tell me to choose my favorite one, my eyes will stop on this color again.


What  Lotus Herbals says….

‘Pure Colors’ is a range of 12 exciting moisturizing lip colors in pinks and browns. There are 6 shades of each type. They have natural extracts of Jojoba and Aloe Vera. The unique product qualities are: - Uniform dispersion of pigments - Rich payoff - Smooth application


Weight

2.4 g

Price

Rs 225

Packaging


The packaging is beautiful. The lipstick comes in a beige and golden cover which is a very beautiful combination. You can see the shade name at the bottom of the packaging. It's quite light weight and good to carry out. The only small inconvenience that would be possible is that when you have many shades of Pure lipstick and you can see the shade only after opening them. 


Ingredients

JOJOBA – Jojoba helps promote healing of the skin. – Its antimicrobial properties in addition to the chemical composition that closely resembles skin’s natural sebum, makes it easy to absorb and non-allergic even in the most sensitive individual.

Shade

There are some exciting shades are available in the Pure Color Lipstick range.

1-Burnt Siena 660 2-Carnation 640 3-Caorice 680 4-Copper Gold 661 5-Crimson Red 610 6-Golden Dusk 685 7-Hot Plum 643 8-Lilac Breeze 681 9-Lilac Beauty  644 10-Maroon Delight  613 11-Mod Mauve  668 12-Nutty Brown  666 13-Orchid kiss  645 14-Pink Blush 614 15-Peach cream  691 16-Perky Peach 690 17-Rose Madder 611 18-Red Rose 612 19-Rose Wood 641 20-Sheer Fuschia  642 21-Star Glow  667 22-Sassy Mocha 665


Carnation 640  
This is a peachy orange with a slight hint of pink and it's very pretty shade which is for all skin tones and will look beautiful on any occasion.
Texture & pigmentation

The texture is smooth silky and quite moisturising. It glides on lips very smoothly. It's between the matte and glossy and just perfect for the lips in every season. I love its pigmentation too beacuse only one swipe can give the right color. I don't like deep color on my lips so one or two swipes are completely perfect. It doesn't settle on fine lines and give a soft look of lips. No need to apply a lip balm but in case you have super dry lips, apply a light coat of lip balm before using it.

 Lasting Power

It lasts about 4 to 5 hour easily on my lips. After 4/5 hours the lipstick color fades a bit but evenly not in patches so it looks pretty after fading too. So I love the lasting power.
 
 
In the mirror of my own experience

It's my first experience with the Pure Color range so I wasn't aware about the quality. But after using it I'm really impressed about the quality and everything. What else can one expect from a lipstick? Lotus Herbals has maintained its high quality at a very low cost. They have very big shade collection from which one can get a huge option of color. When I first applied this lipstick and went to a get together everyone had noticed my makeup especially the lipstick. The texture and pigmentation brings it very close to Maybelline colorsensational  range lipsticks which is also a very high quality lipstick.

Good points

The packaging is very pretty.
Love the soft and smooth texture which lies in between matte and glossy.
Has a mild pleasant fragrance.
It makes my lips soft after applying
great pigmentation, gives a very pretty coverage.
 Lasts comfortably for 4 to 5 hours on my lips.
 Contains Jojoba oil  and aloe vera as ingredients.
They have a shade for everyone because the shade collection is wide.
 Does not smudge or bleed or settle into fine lines.
Gives even color on lips as it fades.
Great quantity and quality at Rs 225!
 100% vegetarian.



Bad points


You have to read the shade label at the bottom of packaging if you have more than one lipstick because you can't identify the shade without it.
If you have super dry lip, you'll have to apply a lip balm underneath.
Full ingredients are not mentioned on the website.

Finally....

I' m really very impressed with this lipstick and I have decided to buy some more light colors because they have a nice collection of shades. The quality of the lipstick makes it special. you find a high quality lipstick only in 225. I think it's far better than Lakme lipsticks. The only thing which Lotus Herbal has to do is to make their products everywhere & in every city at many counters. It will a great option for college girls and the ladies who love makeup but high prices of cosmetics make them stay away from it.

Rating

4.25/5

Recommendation

I will surely recommend every one to buy some shades from this Pure color range as they have a great quality & the price is pocket friendly too!

Availability

Available at Lotus counters & also online on many Indian shopping websites.

Disclaimer- Product sent by PR. Opinions expressed are 100% honest & original.
 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig