Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monave Mineral cosmetics- review, swatches & photos (Part I)


Hi beautiful ladies,
I hope you all are fine and have a great weekend. I;m sorry for the lack of posts but due to some reasons couldn't be regular the previous week.
So today I' m going to show some stuffs from well known mineral makeup brand Monave. They had sent me some products in which I'll show you some products which can help in increasing the beauty of your eyes.



Monave mineral versatile powders Eye Shadows

They had asked me to select some shade from their range. I selected two shades from their mineral versatile powders eye shadow. The first in Desert Sun and the second in Gold Brick.



Weight & price
Full size jar- $ 7.50

Texture
The texture is smooth and silky with full sparkles. They blend nicely on the lids. 

Shade
The Desert Sun is a shade of between red and maroon with shimmers. It's looks beautiful after applying for some special occasions. The other one Gold Brick orangery gold which is perfect for the middle portion of the lid and brow bone with any other color shadow.



In the mirror of my own experience

Usually I don't like shimmery shadow but sometimes they look beautiful on the eyes especially on festival or marriage functions. I applied them on some festival occasions and they looked beautiful on my eyes. The texture is very nice for blending. I applied them first without base but they started to fade after some hours.With a base they lasted long. So for special occasion these shadows are great & look gorgeous.

Finally....

Over all these are great for any special day when you want some sparkle on your eyes. No doubt they look beautiful after applying, I also love the way they blend on the eyes so if you are an eye makeup lover, you should surely check out these mineral shadows!




Rating

4/5

Stackable Cream to Powders

I also selected a cream to powder in Deep Plum.

What Monave says...

For women on the go. No more messy powders spilling in your purse. Liner, brow color, blush, and lip color, neatly stacked in clear pots.

 Weight & price

The package of 3 jars  $ 35

Shade 

I chose in the shade of Deep Plum which is a dark plum shade.

Texture 
The texture is not much smooth. It feels dry and hardly apply on the areas, I want to apply. 

In the mirror of my own experience

At first I couldn't know about its use. When I opened it I thought it's a primer or base something like Mac Paint pout. When I used it as this purpose it didn't work then I read Monave's description  and then applied it as brow color and it worked well on this area. In the description they claimed it to apply on the lips, cheeks and eyes as eyeliner but I'm not agree with this because the texture is not soft to be apply on lips and cheek. I can't use it as eyeliner because it hardly applied on my eyes but yes, for brow it's really good. The lasting powder is great. If you apply it on your brow, it can last even for a whole day so staying power is impressive.

Finally....

Finally I'm not impressed about this product because it didn't work as a multi purpose product as Monave has claimed. It only works as a brow color.  

Ratings

2.5/5

Eye Liners 

I selected a couple of eyeliners too. I wanted a white one but this shade was not available that time so I chose two other shades.

What Monave says...

Monave eye liners are handcrafted with natural plant products and our signature mineral blends. The base of jojoba and natural waxes yields a wonderfully creamy texture that wears all day without smudging. No more pulling on the lids to spread the color.

Weight & price 

5 gram $ 11.50

Shades

 The first is in Deep Sea and the other in Smoky Blue. 

 

Texture

The texture is not soft at all. Both are hard to apply as eyeliners especially the Deep Sea one.

In the mirror of my own experience

I chose these liners after reading their claim to be a wonderfully creamy texture but after applying I was deeply disappointed because the texture is not creamy at all. So dry for applying on the eyes as eyeliner. When I applied them on my hands they seemed to be okay but too hard and dry to be applying on my lids. They are not pigmented at all so these are some disappointed products which didn't work for me.

Finally....

Both eye liners are too hard and dry in applying as eye liners. I'm very disappointed after using them.

Ratings

1.5/5

Brush

 I was sent a brush too and I love this brush. 

In the mirror of my own experience

The bristles are very soft and great for filling brow color and applying shadow on the edges of eyes. 

Finally

Great product which works well on the eyes and the brow as well. I love it.

Rating
4/5

Some words about the brand

Mineral Makeup by Monavé is makeup that you can trust. Full ingredient disclosure reveals a product line based in whole, organic botanical ingredients, and completely gluten-free formulas that are 95% vegan. Monavé has never engaged in animal testing, and chooses the highest quality mineral makeup ingredients, not simply for the press, but for the health and performance of the products. As always, all products are free of paraben preservatives, dyes, and bismuth oxychloride. Monave Mineral Makeup also believes that all women deserve high quality, natural makeup, so Monavé has a wide array of shades for all complexions, lifestyles and ages.


Finally....
Finally I can say that I'm not much impressed with some of their products but some products are really impressive and worth of buying. I want to advise Monave that they should improve the quality of some products. If they do it it'll be great because they have a wide range of products and the good thing is that they all are based on natural ingredients which are not harmful for our skin. I'll write about some more products of this brand soon.
Availability
Monave products can be purchased from Monave website. They ship world wide.


So what about you? have you tried Monave products ever? What's your opinion about these products?
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig