Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation- review, photos, FOTD

Hey pretty ladies,
Foundation is one of the most complicated things in makeup which sometimes seems impossible to get right one. You want a shade that matches your skin tones perfectly and in such a formula that is easy to work with, it must even out your complexion and hide imperfections.Which after applying should look  like nothing on your face at all. A foundation that made your skin flawless without showing on the face.
Recently I have found another great foundation….Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation Pen S102 is the another addition to my best foundations' collection.

Ellis Faas Skin Veil Foundation Pen S102



It’s a tinted foundation which comes in a clicky pen version.

What it claims
ELLIS FAAS believes that foundation should illuminate the skin without feeling or appearing like a mask. With an exceptional balance of high-quality ingredients, Skin Veil glides on in a thin layer, blending into the skin.
Skin Veil minerals diffuse light across the skin’s surface, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. ELLIS FAAS foundation incorporates moisturising ingredients which nourish the skin as well as up to SPF 15 PA+++ for ultimate protection.
Apply Skin Veil on the T-zone (forehead and nose) and fade outwards with the brush or fingertips to provide sufficient and natural-looking coverage. Within just a few minutes, Skin Veil becomes one with the skin (apply a second layer for a more coverage). ELLIS FAAS Skin Veil is recommended for all skin types.





Price

€45/ $65


Shades available


There are 8 shades in the line and the second lightest S102 which is perfect for my skin.

Packaging




The skin veil comes in the same silver pen packaging quite similar to the other Ellis faas products, but the only difference is these ones are bit bigger. It has a large brush for application. It comes with two vials which contain 7 ml each of the foundation. One of the vial has to be inserted inside the pen & the other is a spare one. All you've to do is just click the end of the pen for at least 7-8 times for the first time & then afterwards it just requires 3-4 clicks for the foundation to come out.


Application tips


Skin veil is very easy to apply. You can apply it both with the brush( included with it) or your finger tips. The large and soft brush which is included with the pen is very helpful for applying the foundation but it takes a bit time so when you are in a hurry you can use your natural brush I mean your fingertips for blending.

Brush


When you open the cap of the pen, you find a large and soft brush which is very useful for applying the foundation. The brush tip is designed in such a way that it makes application very easy.

Texture
The texture is neither thick nor runny. It's so light weight, quite creamy and very easy to apply and blend on the face.

In the mirror of my own experience

I have used their lip range before and love their quality so my expectations were high for their foundation too and after using it, I can say without any hesitation that they didn't let me down with my expectations.

After applying, while blending I was surprised to notice that my skin absorbed the foundation so easily and it gave the face one of the most beautiful finishes I have ever noticed. The finish was so natural, silky and smooth as if it's my natural skin. It's necessary to write that it gives a medium coverage not very high so if you want to hide some dark spots, you need a concealer but believe me this is the foundation which has given a beautiful finish to my face. I can't explain about the finish, I got after applying it, you can understand that the finish is neither matte not overly luminous, just natural, velvety and supple. It’s packed with silicones which give it all that slip for easy application, but despite my fears, it doesn’t seem to be causing any congestion for me and my skin & makes it look dewy, soft and silky. The lasting power is very nice, It stays about whole day without faded.Something which I want to mention to my readers is that the brush provided with the pen is very helpful for applying and blending so it should be washed after every application. I wash this with a gentle baby shampoo. You can wash it with gentle face wash too. After washing it properly, dry it with soft clean towel or cloth. Close the cap when it become dry completely. This cleaning process is necessary whether you use the brush or not because it's important for hygienic purpose. Whenever you'll open  your foundation pen, you find a clean and clear tip for use.

Good points
  • I love its unique pen packaging. It's very convenient for traveling & very handy. It can be kept it in very small handbag without occupying much space and can be used while traveling too. 
  • The brush provided with the pen is very useful. No need to keep a separate foundation brush for applying and blending.
  • The texture is very light weight and it seems as if I haven’t worn any foundation.
  • There are 8 shades available in this line so one can easily choose the shade according one's skin tones. Shades S101 to S103 are suitable for many skin shades. 
  • It spread all over my face within seconds and it blended really flawlessly and smoothly on the skin.
  • It has a medium coverage. I don't need a concealer after applying it but if one has some dark spots, a touch of concealer will make one's skin flawless.
  • It gives a flawless, soft, dewy & non cakey coverage. 
  • Has SPF 15.
  • Very easy to blend with both brush and fingertips.
  • It gives the most beautiful finish to my face.
  • It seems to be quite creamy but after applying it doesn't feel oily on the skin, gives a very natural finish which I love.
  • It has a strong staying power.
  • Very helpful for office going ladies.

Bad points

  • It has a medium coverage so if you want a high coverage foundation,you need a concealer of the same shade available at Ellis Faas.
  • The brush provided with the pen is necessary to be washed regularly after applying the foundation otherwise it can clog.
  • Only available online. 
  • A bit pricey.
Here I have done a small picture tutorial of how i apply this foundation:






 


Finally....
Finally I love this unique designed pen foundation. After using it I can say that it has everything which one can wish from an ideal foundation. Most of us, don't like a foundation which looks like a plaster or mask applied on the face. So it is an ideal foundation for medium coverage lovers. The main specialty of this foundation is the beautiful finish which it provides after applying on my face and its light weighted texture. I really love this foundation.

Rating



Recommendation
 I highly recommend this lovely foundation to my readers and friends. If you want a beautiful finish for your face, you should really try this out once.
You can purchase it from their website. They ship worldwide. 
So ladies what do you think about this foundation? Have you used it? 

Ellis Faas- Website, Facebook, Twitter

Disclaimer- product sent by PR

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig